Monday, August 1, 2011

Just a small complaint, Charlie.

Yesterday I had to open a can of Star-Kist tuna with a pair of pliers. That's how difficult it was to pull the tab on the can.It felt like it was welded on. Today I tried to open the new container for Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. The stick-on label over the flip-top cap at the top only came off after persistent peeling with the fingernails. When opening many cans of cat food, the tab just breaks away, and one must resort to a can opener. Bags of product, which seemed to be designed to be unfolded and separated can never be opened with that method. One must use scissors and cut below the open-here line. I have, as I mentioned before, a very expensive medicine on which the cap is so poorly designed it never screws on correctly. Was it always like this or have product containers become even less well-made? And, if so, what quality change can we expect from the product inside.

2 comments:

  1. When you order your prescriptions tell the pharmacist beforehand to note you do not want them to use a childproof cap. Since I added this to my drug profile I have had no difficulty opening or securely closing my medication bottles. Your sista the nurse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and have done that. This cap problem had nothing to do with a childproof situation. It was just a poorly designed tube, despite the fact that the cream inside cost more than $80. But thanks for the advice, sista. I know that's what I have to request for the cat's meds.

    ReplyDelete