Tuesday, August 30, 2011

You're kidding. This won an award!

I'm kind of surprised to find out that this is an award-winning commercial. I detest it. A, I don't understand it. And B., even if I did I would still find it obnoxious for it's "aren't seniors adorable?" attitude and the sense that driving is only exciting if you rev the engine and race off on your date which is, of course, only for young people. I don't know why the young man becomes instantly old. I don't know why the couple become instantly young. I don't know why the woman's son becomes the girl's father. And, frankly, I don't care. They can shower this spot with awards and I will still think it's vague and pretentious. Not only that, I really find it annoying that Chevy with their slogan "Chevy runs deep" has basically stolen the decades old slogan for Dan River linens, "Dan River runs deep." It makes sense that a river runs deep not a car. If you like this spot and know how to leave a response, please tell me what it means.

2 comments: