Sunday, December 8, 2019

RON LEIBMAN DEAD AT 82.

I always find it annoying that when important celebrities die, the press always lists their most insignificant roles first, as in the case of Ron Leibman. I find this especially annoying since I felt close to Ron, having had lunch with him in L.A. All right, we didn't actually have lunch together, but he was sitting alone at the next table and I think we exchanged pleasantries. Anyway, he died this week at age 82, and all the no-nothing juvenile reporters only knew that he was on Friends. Well kids, he was also on Broadway in Angels in America, playing Trump's hero, Roy Cohn. He starred with Sally Field in Norma Rae and other non-sitcom roles. Also notable he was married to two major stars: Jessica Walter and Linda Lavin. Ron Leibman was an important actor and I will always treasure that afternoon in L.A. when we had lunch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment