Thursday, December 5, 2013

More Absolut nonsense.

On November 13, I wrote a post stating how idiotic I thought a poster was for Absolut vodka. Its headline was "Transform Today" which was about as meaningless a line as I ever read on a poster, unless, of course, it means, "Get drunk and act like a complete jerk." Anyway, this week I saw an even bigger poster with the same headline and visual. Since it took up an entire bus shelter, I could see more detail than I did before. This glowering guy for instance is supposed to be some kind of artist. But I noticed that most of his paint jars are left open and drying out which is very wasteful. Also, despite his love of Absolut, there is no glass nearby. Does this mean he guzzles his Absolut right from the bottle? Actually he does kinda look like he's leaning back in a drunken stupor. But, forget about him; the most  interesting item was the legend on this bottle. Since the photo was so large I could read the proud statement, which proclaimed, "Every drop of this vodka has been crafted only with Swedish winter wheat near the small town of Ahus and continues a determined commitment to the pursuit of perfection." I can't imagine how a drop of vodka can have a determined commitment to anything even if it is crafted from winter wheat, but that's what it says. Maybe the creative team drank to much of the client's product before they began this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment