Thursday, December 26, 2013

A inexpensive service.

On December 17, 2013, I did something that I may want credit for later. I revealed one of my best ideas to a stranger. At least I think it's a good idea. The stranger was a young man named Robert who was begging for money outside of Dunkin Donuts on Huntington Avenue in Boston. It was a very cold morning at about 7:30, so he had got an early start. He had a crude cardboard sign expressing his dire situation and was holding a plastic cup that didn't seem all that filled with cash. I gave him two dollars and the following advice, "People are not always willing to just give money to somebody standing there. You should provide a service. I suggest you get a sign that reads, 'Compliments $1.00." He seemed interested, so I added, "Everybody has something you can compliment. A woman gives you a dollar and you tell her she has pretty eyes." to which he immediately said, "Or I like your shoes, or your coat, or your smile." At this point, I could see he got the message. Now unless Boston bureaucrats arrest him for selling a product without a license, he should do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment