Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Think about it.

I don't understand how anyone who truly loves movies has a television. For under $500, plus the cost of a ceiling mount you can have projection TV. (And I don't mean one of those all-in-the-same-unit deals; that's still a television.) All you need is a projector, a blank wall, and at least 8 feet of distance and voila! you have a movie theatre. And trust me watching a 7 X 4 foot  projection, especially in Cinemascope, beats even the largest screen TV because it feels more like a movie. After all, every movie you ever went to was projected. I've been watching movies this way for more than six years now, first with an InFocus projector, and most recently with an Epson. I could never go back to a regular TV no matter how large or thin it was, except, of course, for non-movie broadcasts.  Suit yourself. I think projection TV is fantastic and I'll bet that if you ever try it, you'll never go back to that glass-faced box.

No comments:

Post a Comment