Sunday, December 1, 2013

What a great guy!

I'm an atheist. Like Ron Reagan, I have been an atheist since age 12. I don't see myself ever thinking there's anything beyond this life, and certainly don't expect one of those dramatic deathbed conversions.  But as much as I detest religion, all religion, and the zillions of hypocrites who claim a religious affiliation they never live up to, I adore Pope Francis. Why? Because I think I like the great minority of religious people, especially Christians, he believes what he says and lives up to his beliefs. But even better, I love him because he is holding up a mirror to all the world's hypocrites, notably the Catholic Republicans like Ryan who don't do a damn thing for the poor and hungry and needy, but make their lives more difficult. So these frauds, like Ryan, will either have to start living a life of greater poverty and more charity, or face the truth that they are not Catholic, not Christians, not even decent people. Thank you Pope Francis for the gift of truth. This is going to be so much fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment