Saturday, March 26, 2011

A false step for the media?


This logic totally escapes me. George Lopez, in referring to Kirstie Alley on Dancing With the Stars said she looked like a dancing pig. All right. It was an unnecessarily cruel and hurtful remark. He was taken to task for it by many in the media. So George apologized. This led all the news stations to comment that George Lopez apologized for saying Kirstie Alley looked like a dancing pig. I don't see how their frequently repeating this insult is much less offensive than him saying it in the first place. Like I say, I don't understand this logic. My personal opinion was that Kirstie Ally, whom I find to be loud and offensive and unlikeble, looked really hot in the clip I saw of that show. She also danced really well and had tons of energy for someone about to turn 60. So it seems to me everybody should have ignored Lopez's boorish comment and let Alley relish her success rather than having it overshadowed by such a stupid news item.

No comments:

Post a Comment