Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Much ado about a no one.


I love Huffington Post. It's where I get most of my news and where I can wallow among people who are, for the most part, as liberal as I am. So far I have written 5,286 posts, have 87 friends, and 463 fans, though I don't know the difference between friends and fans. There are some things I don't like. There are too many animal cruelty stories, which I have to skip by without even reading the full headlines. There are too many reports about celebrities I don't know and too many cute articles featuring funny signs or somebody's idea of a witty take on famous novels. But overall, it's great. Except for one maddening, hairpulling, nearly daily flaw: Sarah Palin stories. As far as I am concerned Sarah Palin is an uneducated, greedy, petulant, spoiled, cold-hearted, animal-killing and insignificant nobody who John McCain has unleashed on us as carelessly as BP flooded the Gulf with oil. And she's just as slimy, crude and likely to pollute for years. She has an opinion on everything, which in my opinion is someone else's opinion because she's not a bright person. I am sure she is the highly paid puppet of some arch conservative who has found his perfect poliical weapon. But HuffPost and other media quote her as if her opinions were her own and—god forbid—as if she could actually write speeches and articles. Sarah is the rash that won't go away, the flea infestation that no amount of spraying eliminates, the worst case of tinnitus. She is the screechy harridan we hear constantly on the news, continually spewing anger, bitterness and malapropisms when she isn't defending her wilderness brood. She is the meanest girl you knew at school who delighted her coterie and was spiteful to everyone else. The irony is that, narcissist that she is, she believes she is worthy of all this attention. I'm sure she doesn't realize that if she were fifty pounds heavier ahd wouldn't even turn heads at the Wasilla Piggly Wiggly, if there is one.

Note: Originally I had a photo of a dead, bullet-riddled wolf for this story. It was there to show you the kind of cruel slaughter that Palin thinks of as fun. But I, and several friends, found the photo too disturbing to look at even it if made a point, so you can imagine the kind of person that do this kind of killing.

No comments:

Post a Comment