Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oh, brother how could you?

I really dislike the new series of commercials for Niaspan of which this is one, though not for the same reasons as whomever posted this on YouTube. I dislike them because they are so obviously fake. This actor is someone I have seen many times. For him to pretend to be a loving brother, complete with family photos is pathetic. The script is so obviously copywritten and the sincerity nonexistent. Pharmaceutical companies are despicable to begin with, since their goal is to encourage people to become regular users of their costly medicines whether they need them or not. They don't seem to be very worried about the dire, and often deathly, side effects. I love the use of the word "flushing." It sounds so temporary. But I experienced it when I used another niacin-based drug. What it is is waking up in the middle of the night feeling like you have a really bad sunburn. And that's just one of the side effects. The answer is to avoid any prescription drug you absolutely don't need, even if you are encouraged to take it by your fake TV brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment