Thursday, June 25, 2015

The things you have to put up with!

One of the few benefits of living in Miami, the Hades of America, is that seniors, like myself, get free public transportation. Being an ungrateful resident, I was annoyed to know that I had to go downtown to renew my Golden Passport transit card. How dare they give me free transportation for seven years, then require me to go downtown to renew! I knew exactly what I was in for: slow-moving bureaucrats, more than likely long lines, a million questions, and having to wait for the damn place to open because somebody didn't show up on time. Well I did show up on time. 8 am on the dot. And, surprise it was open. Still,  I wasn't surprised to see several rows of chairs where I was sure to wait for at least an hour after seeing the lady at the front desk. I knew it. I knew it. She asked questions, demanded to see my I.D. and expired transit card, then told me to "wait over there". Well I had no sooner sat down, then this other bureaucrat called my name and handed me my new card. Hmmm. I noticed the new card doesn't have an expiration date. Good. I couldn't go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment