Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The increasingly crowded sky.

I saw a commercial last night for a store in Miami that sells drones. They proudly proclaimed that they had every kind of drone from the smallest toy to the largest "professional" use model. First of all, I  don't really understand a hobbyist's thrill with navigating a flying toy. True I always liked balsa wood planes and kites, so maybe it is fun after all. But more and more on the news I hear stories about larger drones crashing into someone's property or person, or interfering with air travel. Since I have a severe fear of flying, adding drones to the list of "what could go wrong" is no problem, (not to mention the recent rash of green laser assaults). It seems every new technological innovation brings all kinds of benefits and, along with them, all kinds of dangers and problems. I like progress, but I felt safer when a drone was a male honey bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment