Sunday, June 14, 2015

There's this guy from Adelaide.



In America we worship many no-talent superstars who would be lost without fireworks, special effects, and backup singers. And while we do, we are generally unaware of international stars who are true talents. One such talent is David Campbell. Have you ever heard of him? I hadn't. I came across him today on YouTube doing a very clever one-man version of "Fugue for Tinhorns" from Guys and Dolls. Not only is this Australian very sexy, but he is a terrific singer and showman. He's also very famous. Not to us, of course, because we are rarely aware of major stars from other counties.  (One sad exception was Amy Winehouse.)  Yet here he is a renowned singer, actor, and director and I'm guessing near-unknown in America. Or is it just me? Anyway, I've included his version of "Mac the Knife" to introduce you to David Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment