Saturday, June 13, 2015

California's nuttiest nut.

As an atheist, I am only annoyed by any kind of intrusion by religion into government. But I am outraged when I hear about religious nuts being part of government.  I mean true mental cases like California Assemblywomen Shannon Grove (a Republican, of course) who suggested that the state's worst drought may be divine retribution from God for providing women access to abortions. As proof that denying abortions will end the drought, this raving lunatic said, "Texas was in a long period of drought until Governor Perry signed the fetal pain bill, and it rained that night." Should I feel sorry for these delusional whack jobs who were inculcated into the absurdity of religion as children and remain so brainwashed they come up with theories like this? No. Shannon, like every person, reached the age of reason, and apparently prayed right through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment