Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Revealed.











In the past couple of weeks we learned that Dennis Hastert is a queer. Now I don't know if the statute of limitations has any effect on his past indiscretions or even if his blackmailer will get off scott-free for his despicable crime. But that isn't the point of this particular post. I personally object to the word queer as an accepted synonym for gay. I think it sounds hard, judgemental and insulting. So I want you the reader to consider what your reaction was with the first sentence of this post. Did you feel it was just an acceptable term for homosexual, nothing more, as so many militant gays insist?  Or did it sound angry and homophobic? The trouble is I won't know because almost nobody ever writes to this blog, and I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment