Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"I said, 'HOW'S YOUR STEAK?"

Why is it that so many restaurateurs think that I am eager to spend almost $100 (per person)  to dine in their fine restaurants while I listen to the kind of crappy pop music I hate, played at a volume that makes it impossible to have pleasant conversations with my companions? And if they are right, how is possible that there are so many people willing to spend almost $100 (per person) to dine in fine restaurants where they are forced to listen to crappy pop music played at a volume that makes it impossible to have a pleasant conversation with their companions. Isn't dining out a social event, an exchange of pleasantries over hopefully delicious selections? If so, does that mean that I am alone in welcoming the sweet sound of silence disturbed only by the clinking of wine glasses and the murmuring of guests at other tables. Or if music is demanded, then hopefully something calming and melodious that would be worthy of the word "background"?


No comments:

Post a Comment