Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What's in a name?

There are lots of very successful actors whose names are pretty much unknown to the general public, even though they have starred on Broadway, been in lots of movies, done endless television shows, etc. I could be wrong about this, but I think one of the most famous unfamous actors is Dennis Boutsikaris. I hadn't seen him for awhile, but he was featured in an episode of Murphy Brown which I saw last night. I  was reminded of just how talented and versatile he is. I particularly remember him starring in a short-lived series called Stat, which ran from April to May in 1991. I thought it was hilarious and felt bad when it was cancelled. Dennis is one of those actors who is successful and admired yet not a household name, which makes me wonder if he wouldn't have been even more successful and more admired if he didn't insist on having such a difficult name..



No comments:

Post a Comment