Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Your call will never be answered."

I tried to buy a vacuum cleaner on line today. I couldn't. Because I prefer to talk to a person and place my order with a person and ask a person questions about the product. But it seems that vacuum cleaner companies like most retailers today do not want to talk to people. Therefore there are almost  no phone numbers on company's websites. And, if there are, they are poorly manned and rarely actually answered. Could I be wrong in thinking that these companies are losing hundreds of sales because of customers like me who will not order anything over the Internet without talking to a person. Just as well, I've had nothing but losers with every vacuum I've bought in the last twenty years. That goes for Hoover, Eureka, and Bissell. I haven't bought the super-costly machines, but I'm sure they'll disappoint as well. On tv they show demonstrations of their products sucking up dirt, sand, and broken glass, and even holding a bowling ball. I don't need any of those things. I need a vacuum cleaner that is capable of picking up that tiny resistant piece of string or stubborn scrap of paper. I've yet to find one. I haven't had a good vacuum cleaner since the Eureka Elektricboom, which they stopped making ages ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment