Saturday, July 23, 2016

"AND NOW FOR TODAY'S CRASH REPORT."

The local news has regular features: news, weather, and, for some reason sports. But I feel there should be a new regular feature since it happens so often: private plane crashes. Every day it seems a private plane is landing on a highway or golf course or crashing into somebody's house. Usually the pilot and passenger escape with minor injuries, but often everybody dies. I happen to think that too many arrogant and wealthy doctors, lawyers and businessmen are given pilot's license when they are often not fit to drive a car. I don't mind them endangering their own lives, but I am sure their families are often unwilling passengers to daddy's or mommy's Lindbergh complex. Of course there's always some cockamamie story about the plane's malfunction, but I'm pretty sure the most frequent causes are alcohol and plain old incompetence.

No comments:

Post a Comment