Friday, July 15, 2016

SOMETHING I COULD NEVER STICK WITH.

I've tried for at least 65 years. But it was always a failure. I didn't give up. How could I? There weren't that many choices back then. And, besides, everyone told me I was wrong. So I kept trying, year after year. And, I reasoned, how could I, alone, be correct when the entire country, maybe the world, said otherwise. But there it was: the proof that I did not imagine it. Failure after failure. Everything I worked with coming apart. Today, once again, I made an attempt. I must be wrong, I reasoned. How could something so successful be a complete sham? No. It wasn't possible. So I tried. I gave it my best. And, once again, failure. I don't care what the world says, I say this: Elmer's Glue-All sticks nothing to nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment