Wednesday, July 13, 2016

RESTAURANT OR DISCOTHEQUE

Last night I went to the California Pizza Kitchen in Coral Gables. The food was excellent, the setting very appealing, the booths large and comfortable, the service prompt and attentive. But I will never go there again. Why? Because the music was loud, lowbrow and strident, as it is in most places these days. Since it was early and they had few customers, I asked them to turn it down. They said that was not possible. We ordered, ate quickly and couldn't wait to get out of there. Recent studies have shown that more people dislike piped in music than don't, many others don't care, but few complain and that's why we have to live with it. I can't imagine why anyone wants to compete with screaming singers while trying to have a conversation, but someone must. If you're not that someone, please speak up. I'm getting tired of seeming to be the only person in America who hates loud, piped in, pop music.

1 comment: