Monday, July 11, 2016

YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN THE MAN UPSTAIRS.

As consumers, we're often in the dark. There are some treatments and procedures and products we know nothing about. We have to accept certain things on faith or depend on the advice of friends or neighbors who supposedly know more. Today, for instance, Orkin is termite-proofing my house. It is not being tented, but rather "treated". This treatment, I was told, involves injecting the wooden door frames with some kind of chemical that will kill termites. More important to me, I was told it is not harmful to pets. Since I have three cats, I have to trust that that's true. But I have already lost some faith in Orkin. They assured me this was an injection process, but the technician is spraying a poisonous mist in the attic. That's kind of spooky. When I called Orkin for reassurance, they're too busy to answer their calls and suggest you call later, or have them call you back. I have never received a promised callback.
Several friends have told me the whole process is a scam since the termites return within months. Who knows? Like I say there are things we have to accept on faith.  I don't like having to accept anything on faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment