Wednesday, July 22, 2015

How I wish it were true.

They say that "One man's meat is another man's poison." That certainly is true in popular music. If you want to torment me all you have to do is play a song called "This Girl is On Fire." sung by Alicia Keys. I marvel that she is any kind of pop star at all since I find her voice strident, abrasive, and without any redeeming talent. The song itself, like so many of today's songs, is a series of meaningless repetitions,
stridently recorded in a way to remove any kind of human quality. Now I appreciate that this is possibly the only song of hers that I would find so ear-annoying offensive, but I doubt it. Yet I suppose there are millions of people out there that will sing along with this waterboard of a song  and call it music. Like I said, "One man's meat...".

No comments:

Post a Comment