Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ancestry.scam

One of today's most popular frauds is Ancestry.com. Their commercials suggest that they are real experts at helping you learn more about your ancestry. Which is true. As long as you can provide them with complete information since they don't seem to be able to do any actual research themselves despite the commercials that suggest otherwise. Recently they promoted an add about finding out your relatives military history. I gave them my father's date and place of birth, the date he entered the military, the date he left, and every other detail they needed to know. And they came up with nothing. I tried a similar approach for family history and they told me that unless I could provide my grandparents names and dates and place of birth, they were helpless. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment