Thursday, August 14, 2014

What idiots!

This post is sure to offend lots of people and I don't care. I think the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS is one of the stupidest gimmicks I've ever seen and I'm disappointed that so many intelligent people are falling in line. The very premise is moronic: Donate to ALS or dump ice water on your head. But supposedly these people are donating and drenching themselves with ice water–duh! First of all I don't know what ice water has to do with Lou Gehrig's disease. But even if there is a connection, I am not amused by people wasting water by dumping it on their heads. Children are dying in this world for lack of water. California is losing millions from their economy for lack of water. Water is essential to life, to growth, to commerce. I hate to see it used as a fund-raising gimmick just as I hate seeing food wasted in such ridiculous events as pumpkin tossing or tomato-fighting. I'm sure this asinine promotion will continue, and more and more idiots will leap on the bandwagon and smugly dump ice water over their heads. Pity Americans aren't willing to donate to an important charity without this kind of idiocy.

No comments:

Post a Comment