Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Much ado etc.

I have absolutely no interest in the Emmys. I'm snobbish enough to still feel that television, especially today's television is far below movies. And frankly I've lost interest in the Oscars as well. Not only do I sneer at television in general, but feel that American shows are far less entertaining than British productions. To me nothing on American tv equals Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Silk, Endeavour, Death in Paradise, and Scott and Bailey.  I am astonished that a formula sitcom like Modern Family wins any kind of award, but even more astonished that the bland and tiresome Ty Burrell is singled out for praise when he's the weakest link in a week series. But judging from the hullabaloo and coverage, the American public is thrilled with their sitcoms, reality shows, and dismal swearing-up-a-storm cable series. So got to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment