Saturday, August 2, 2014

I don't get it.

There's something weird about many Americans. At least I think it's weird. They seem to be obsessed with being crude and vulgar when it isn't even necessary. A friend send me a video today of cats knocking items of counters, etc. It was very amusing. But it was titled "Cats Love Knocking Shit Over." Why was "shit" a necessary word for this charming video? It wasn't. A second video was titled, "Cat's Just Don't Give a Fuck?" Now if these titles amuse you, then I am talking to the wrong audience. I find the title and the video incongruous. To me swearing is almost always unnecessary, angry, juvenile, and antisocial. Yet it is the accepted standard today for just about everything. TV shows that can use swears, use them non-stop. People who once would never curse, curse endlessly. Call me a prude, I think it lessens the pleasures of social communication. But most people don't seem to give a fig, yes, fig.

No comments:

Post a Comment