Thursday, August 28, 2014

Adieu

I must admit I'm torn about Diane Sawyer leaving ABC News. I always found her attractive, professional and intensely competent. But she has one habit that drives me mad. She turns every two-syllable word into three syllables. Hence gambellng, sparkeling, troubeling, etc. And unfortunately this will not be the end of Three-Syllable-Sawyer as she seems to have infected others with this peculiarity, including David Muir. Oh, well, at some point I will have to accept that many Americans can no longer determine the number of syllables in a word, nor can they pronounced the letter t when it appears within a word, ergo: innanet, innaview, winnah (the season) and Atlannic (the ocean). So, I guess I'll just give up and wish Diane Sawyer a dazzeling future.

No comments:

Post a Comment