Friday, February 14, 2014

What's wrong with this picture?

What happened to Valentine's Day? When I was growing up it was an equal opportunity day. Men and women bought cards and gifts to show how much they loved each other. Now it seems to be created only for males eager to find the right gift for their girlfriends or wives. I never see women looking for a gift anymore, just males checking out the chocolate selection at Walgreen's or buying bouquets at the supermarket. It's not so much a romantic holiday anymore as a demand to play "prove you love me." Even the endless commercials don't mentioned buying something for him. It's all about what are you getting for her? I hope this trend doesn't last, and the expression "be my valentine" applies to him and her, as well as her and her, and him and him.

No comments:

Post a Comment