Thursday, February 20, 2014

"You're kidding. That much?"

There are so many greedy racketeers in business today, and one of the most offensive is the eyewear industry.What other industry has managed to quadruple and even quintuple  its prices over less than a decade without anyone complaining?  How did they do it, but inventing all kinds of intimidating terms like polycarbonate, transitional lenses, progressive, crizal, and new words every week. which offer costly benefits you may not understand, but you're convinced that you need. Today I had my eyes tested at Visionworks. I needed new lenses. If I wanted to replace them in my present frame, they would cost over $300. However, if I chose to go with the store's promotion, I could get two pairs of glasses, including frames and twice the very same $300 lenses for $235.00. If you understand that logic, I salute you. When I went comparison shopping at three other eyewear outlets, the price for just the lenses alone was between $300 and $350. This seems to lend credence to the 60 Minutes report that all of these outlets are owned by the same Italian conglomerate. Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment