Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A different Big Brother.

I detest Facebook. While it goes under the innocent guise of social media it is in fact a bullying force in our lives. It has already intruded itself into several websites on which I used to comment, but can no more without the blessing of the ubiquitous Facebook. Today I was trying to write a message to Al Sharpton. Like most media people today, he seems to be hidden from view and has no clear e-mail address that I could find. I did find one that appeared to be related to him on which I wrote my complaint. When I posted it, I found that was yet another disguised conduit to Facebook, where I did not wish to be posted. So many of my friends send daily social notices to Facebook in complete faith that they are harmless and entertaining. I think they are far far from it.

Note: The good news is when I went to Google in search of a visual for this post there were pages and pages of anti Facebook visuals. It's comforting to know that so many people recognize this so-called social site for the creepy invader it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment