Thursday, August 22, 2013

A monthly ripoff.

There are lots of ripoff artists in the medical profession. And one of the most offensive is a company called Allergan. I'm sure they make lots of products and their violin section would tell you how hard they strive of come up with innovative solutions to health problems. I personally use their product called Combigan, which I buy once a month to keep my glaucoma at bay It is not covered by insurance unfortunately, so this tiny 5 mi. bottle costs $50.00. Ouch! Now I can afford $600.00 a year,  but it occurs to me that most people with glaucoma are seniors and probably on a fixed income. With that in mind, $50.00 a month seems like an obscene amount of money to charge the elderly for less liquid than you'd get in the smallest bottle of Murine. Could they make it cheaper? Of course they could. But like most greedy pharmaceutical companies they couldn't care less what hardships they impose on their customers as long as they are making big bucks. They must be Republicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment