Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Islands of treasures.

I get calls every week from some organization looking for money. Despite how worthy the cause is, my reply is always the same: "I only give to animal causes." This is true because there are so many of them they take any so-called disposable income I have. Recently I was disturbed to hear of an overseas rescue operation: Greek Animal Rescue. Apparently Greeks are not kind of animals and our four-footed friends suffer greatly in that country. My English friend, who is a volunteer with the group, tells me that many of the dogs arrive with their ears cut off - because the farmers and shepherds think that will make them hear better. Despite its awesome history, Greece is also home to many barbaric,  stone age people.  America has enough of its own suffering animals. Still I promised my friend I would include the information for those who wish to contact and help this organization, which is called Desperate Greekies and whose website www.desperategreekies.com  is run by Michelle Walker.  The photo shown here is Cherry, the very frightened dog my friend in London has been fostering for the past six weeks and who I am sure will end up a very happy pooch.



No comments:

Post a Comment