Monday, September 28, 2020

SECONDS BEFORE THE UNNECESSARY AMBER ALERT.


Who is the idiot who came up with the Amber Alert. Not that I don't approve of altering the general public when a child is abducted. But this system is insane. Why should I have my cell phone blaring loudly in the middle of the night, waking me to tell me a child has been abducted 100 miles way? Am I supposed to leap out of bed, jump in my car (I don't have a car) and go in search of the abductor. It's annoying enough with one alarm, but usually there are two or three. It make no sense at all. I am amazed that anyone got away with foisting this absurd program on the general public.  I am sure some Amber Alert procedures are  effective, but not waking entire communities up in the dead of night with repeated nerve-jangling alarms to spur them to solve a situation they can't do a damn thing about. Stop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment