Saturday, September 19, 2020

NOT THE CREME DE LA CREME.

For some bizarre reason many higher priced (often pretentious) restaurants don't serve cream or half-and-half. The server usually informs you of this lack with a sense of haughty pride, as if to say, "ain't we elegant?"  I don't know what inspires this situation, but to me coffee makes a meal and cream makes the coffee and I detest the taste of milk in mine. So my solution to this situation is that I don't order dessert, which reduces the tip, and no matter how good the food is, I never return to that restaurant. I gave up long ago asking why they don't serve cream as I never get a response less than defensive or uncurious. And since I am a person who speaks up, I am sure they have many other disappointed customers who say nothing. Still I find it very odd that any restaurant will assume such a ridiculous standard, when they could easily purchase a pint of half-and-half for such a difficult, demanding and low-brow customers like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment