Thursday, January 2, 2020

PRAYING TO THE DEVIL.

I have been an atheist since I was 12. That's 65 years.There are people that make me think that Christianity is good and desirable. People like Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn Carter, a couple of enormous character and charitable natures. I can point to another such couple of my own acquaintance: Bill and Lorraine. But there are are far more people who make me feel that Christianity is mostly a fraud, a cover up. Especially today when millions of evangelicals claim fealty to Christ and admiration for Trump. How can you possibly praise a Messiah who preaches love, charity, generosity, kindness and tolerance while also admiring a non-Christian tyrant who promotes hate, prejudice, imprisoning children, infidelity, lying, cheating, and acts that so frequently lead to murder? You can't. But every Sunday these hypocrites crowd churches all over America, sing hymns, and wear their sanctimonious masks for yet another week while their duplicitous minds are constantly grinding out hateful thoughts about just about everyone who isn't as white and well-off as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment