Sunday, January 12, 2020

ROBBING US BLIND.

I was at the pharmacy today when I realized how greedy some companies are. Notably those who make eye drops. I have for years complained about the obscene prices for prescription eye drops, which are mostly prescribed for elderly people for whom these exorbitant charges are a hardship. But today I realized that greed extends to over-the-counter drops. There is no reason in the world that a tiny bottle of non-prescription eye drops should cost from $10 to $30. Shame on Bausch and Lomb, Systane, and all the other purveyors of glorified water whose ingredients, I feel sure, are far from costly. I can't list them here because these pirates also print the labels in type too tiny for most humans to read. Shown below is just one of these rip-off products: two teaspoons for $15.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment