Saturday, January 25, 2020

IT DOESN'T GET BETTER.

It's no secret that I hate Xfinity or Comcast, or whatever the hell they call themselves. But I'm not alone: it's one of the most unpopular companies in America. I think what I have is the King's Ransom package since they forced me to buy additional services in order to have TCM, a totally scummy move on their part, since TCM is popular with many older people who can't afford the new ripoff. I note that they brag about their voice command on commercials. If you say, "300" which is an HBO channel, the 300 Spartans will pop up. More often than not the disembodied voice will say, "I didn't understand that." or give you the wrong listing. My TVs in the kitchen and living room often flake out for no reason and return to service later with no explanation. The high bill, naturally, never reflects a credit for any outage. When I was a child and TV was free, ads suggested that if we paid or TV it wouldn't cost that much and it would be commercial-free. Well here we are, and TV costs and arm and a leg and there are more commercials than ever. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment