Friday, April 17, 2015

Make it stop!

I watch fewer and fewer stories on the Internet. Not because I'm not interested. Naturally I want to know that the junkyard dog found a good home. And, yes, I'm curious what makes the makeovers of two middle-aged women so special. But not if it means I have to watch a 30- or 60-second commercial. I will reluctantly put up with one of those, "You can stop this commercial in 5 seconds" deals, but nothing longer. I seem to be the only person who is outraged by the unnecessary amount of advertising that we are deluged with. Bad enough the commercials you expect. But you can be reading an on-screen article when all over a sudden an audio commercial is pouring out of your computer. I have to leave the volume down on my computer to avoid these intrusions. So, if if means giving up a lot of articles, so be it. Did I really need to know how successful they separated Siamese twins?

No comments:

Post a Comment