Monday, April 13, 2015

Fidelity, the most common blackmail.

I have heard so many women say, "If I caught my husband cheating, I'd divorce him." I have also known of women who, finding out their husbands cheated did divorce them...usually full of vengeful fury.   Frankly if I were straight and married and my wife made such a statement, I would leave her immediately. Why would I want to stay in a relationship whose only foundation is the vow of fidelity, that if broken negates anything else that went into a marriage. How sick to suggest that every happy memory and moment of closeness can be destroyed by a single dalliance. How controlling to tell your husband that he is forbidden to ever have a sexual encounter with another women, and if he does, the penalty is a harridan who is angry, bitter, vindictive, and revengeful, not forgiving, not understanding. Why the hell would any man want a wife who can so easily turn on him? That would mean that he does not have a loving spouse, only a spouse who is loving if she can control his basic nature and have him surrender to her most stringent, and non-negotiable, demand. Everything else, apparently, has no real meaning. This is also true for the unforgiving husband. I had a female friend years ago who was in her 40s and lonely. I asked her if she ever had a relationship. She said yes. He was attractive, successful, kind, fun to be with. They were happy. But one day she found out he cheated on her. So she dumped him. Now she's alone with her self-righteous anger instead of in  a home with a family, married to this nice guy who just may have had one or two meaningless dalliances every year. And so what?

No comments:

Post a Comment