Friday, March 5, 2021

THE ANNUAL ACHE.

 I received a postcard yesterday that read "FREE TAX PREP, done your way!" I was intrigued. I have been using H& R Block for 20 years and it has become increasingly expensive. So I went to the website on the freefile postcard with high hopes. They were quickly dashed. It seemed that every tax preparer on the site has a charge, and I saw nothing about having my taxes prepared for free. This led me to muse about the inequity of annual taxes. Most of us pay a goodly sum every year, but I hear that wealthy people pay less or nothing at all. Scientology, which has billions, blackmailed the IRS into giving them tax-free status years ago. And we all know how little Trump pays in taxes. But we're the honest taxpayers of America, who finance our country, and don't know all the tricks of avoiding paying taxes. So I guess I'll keep my 1 pm appointment at H & R Block.


No comments:

Post a Comment