Sunday, March 21, 2021

According to news reports, a large number of Republicans (mostly Trumpists) are unwilling to be vaccinated against Covid. This morning on MSNBC, they showed an entire restaurant of Republicans who  to a person said they will not be vaccinated, even if Trump was highly in favor of it. The bad news is that too large a number of such idiots affects herd immunity. The good news is the future patients gasping for breath or suffering horrible side effects will probably be only these fools. Maybe their fellow jerks on seeing their misery will wise up and get their shots. I for one have had both shots. No side effects, no concerns. What I feel is a greater sense of freedom from the dangers of Covid, which is a great feeling after a year of anxiety. I still mask. I still keep my distance. But I don't feel any fear at going to the market or to an outdoor restaurant for dinner. How sad that these ill-educated Republicans are convinced that what is life-saving is dangerous, and thus have to continue to be targets of a virus that shows no signs of leaving soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment