Wednesday, March 10, 2021

VERY UNWANTED.

One of the most annoying aspects of the Internet is the number of unwanted e-mails you get. Even more annoying is when you try to exclude them. The offending ones ask you if you would like to unsubscribe when you never subscribed in the first place. With most it's just a click, but with some they ask you to type your e-mail again, thus making you perform a chore to get rid of a pain in the ass you never selected. Even more annoying some keep showing up even after you "unsubscribe". Most, as you know, ask for your opinion in these fake queries which are really designed to get your money. This election season I noticed a very irritating trend: guilt. "You haven't answered our question." "We're very disappointed in you." "We may have to abandon our cause; we have had so few responses." I often write nasty comments on the reply option which I am sure these annoying pests never read. The few that I do care about also don't get any money from me because they never include a street address. Apparently most people think everybody pays for everything by credit card and not by check. Well I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment