Friday, March 12, 2021

USELESS AMBER ALERTS


 It is 5:30 on a Friday afternoon in Miami, Florida. In the past half hour my cell phone has blasted a loud alarm to proclaim an alert. Apparently some child has been kidnapped and the overseers of cell phones like mine wish to report it with as loud and annoying a signal as possible. And while I am sympathetic to the kidnapped child, I don't see how I can help-when the crime has taken place in Hamilton County, Tennessee. Do they expect me to get on a plane, fly to Tennessee and volunteer to help search for this unfortunate victim? Who are the idiots who designed this Amber Alert program. I am sure they are rescuing very few victims,  but infuriating countless thousands of households that are nowhere near the area of the crime and can't do a damn thing as they listen to the cacophonous whining over and over again from their cell phone. I have also had these startling alarms occur in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment