Sunday, March 21, 2021

MORE AD NAUSEUM

I don't care whom I offend: Today's commercials are mostly pathetic. Here is a roundup of commercials that I either can't stand or can't understand. For horrible jingles there is GMC's "GoBoyGo" and Hard Rock's "I think that I like you." I'm still not sure about "Nothing is everything." For sheer overkill Liberty Mutual already won with their irritating and ubiquitous Emu ads, but are sure to be equally annoying with their totally meaningless Wet Teddy Bears. For creepy you can't beat the half man/half motorcycle for Progressive (how does he sleep or perform bodily functions?) Speaking of Progressive, love Flo, hate Jamie. Except for anything with the actual gecko, I find most of Geico's self-congratulatory hit-and-miss Geico ads annoying, especially the bagpipes. Xfinity ads are mostly bad, generally untrue and they never pronounce Internet correctly. Sadly some of the best directed ads are the most offensive because they are total frauds. I am speaking about Prevacid, the world's most costly placebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment