Thursday, January 7, 2016

SIGNED, AN ANGRY CONSUMER.

There was a time I didn't believe in anonymous letters. To write one seemed dishonest, cowardly, deceitful. But I don't feel that way anymore. Why? Because people and companies no longer respond to letters. If you're lucky you might get an e-mail, but mostly not even that. I write a lot of letters. Among those who didn't answer when there was my return address were Starbucks, Amtrak, Reader's Digest, Time Magazine, and every major TV network. Which is odd since the letters were not always complaints, but often compliments or suggestions. So now those same recipients get anonymous letters since they don't reply anyway. That way I don't feel bad about not getting the impossible reply. Over the past decades I have gotten nice replies from polite people like Stephen Sondheim, Mary Rodgers, Lucie Arnaz, Marcia Davenport, Leona Helmsley, and others. It would seem like companies and celebrities are not interested in constructive criticism, or even being located considering how well hidden their addresses are. What a pity. There was a time when the public's feedback had a lot to do with a company's policies or a celebrity's image. But since they no longer respond, I think I'll just start venting any complaints I have here.

For instance: My Medica Healthcare Plan seemed wonderful a year ago when I enrolled. Few copays, no referrals, easy to reach. Now, only a year later outrageous co-pays, referrals, and trying to reach them on the phone could increase anyone's blood pressure. Hmm. This should work out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment