Wednesday, January 6, 2016

THE GREAT PANTS MYSTERY.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. My leg length is 28". In department stores I often ask other men what their leg length is, and it's often 28" or 29" and sometimes less. When I lived in L.A. I noticed that many of the Mexicans were short in stature and often their feet didn't touch the floor on the city busses. Now none of this would be terribly interesting except for the fact that no clothing manufacturer makes 28" pants. Dockers and Wranglers finally caved in and sell 29" slacks and jeans. But still no 28". Why? They can't insist it's too rare size a to risk manufacturing. There's no good reason. And not having that choice means we of the shorter legs not only have to pay for the pants, but pay extra to have them shortened. This might have changed if I weren't the only person in America complaining. At least that's how it seems to be. Now I suppose I could find some suitable pants on the Internet, but I hate buying anything on the Internet.

1 comment:

  1. My heart aches when I think of Obama no longer in office.

    ReplyDelete