Friday, May 8, 2015

Why I hate taxis.

Given the choice I would rather take a city bus or trolley than a taxi or walk if possible. It has nothing to do with affordability, though taxis can be overpriced. I hate taxis because you never know what you're getting into. Some drivers are charming, their cabs are clean and quiet, they don't speak unless spoken do, and, best of all, they're honest. Others are grumpy, dirty, play music I detest, talk too much, mostly about themselves, and drop all kinds of hints on how they really are in need for cash for the little ones or for mother's operation. Worst of all, they take the long route to up the meter price. Recently when I went to Philadelphia, the cab fare was about $28.00 and the ride from the train station seemed endless. Later when I took my first walk from the hotel, I crossed a boulevard from which I could see about a mile way, within walking distance, the train station. Recently when I arrived home from Miami, I took a cab from the Amtrak station (which is in the middle of absolutely nowhere). The ride was fine, but the driver was playing rock music, which I despise. Since he seemed mad at the world anyway, I decided not to ask him to turn it down or turn it off.  Oh, well the luck of the draw. That's why I hate taxis.

No comments:

Post a Comment