Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What I didn't see in New York.

The bad news is that Broadway is now only for the wealthy, with acceptable seats starting at about $125.00 and taking off from there. The good news is that while in New York there was not a single show that aroused my interest. I would have liked Gigi for the costumes, and An Act of God to see Jim Parsons. Audience would not have have been worth it just for Helen Mirren. Unlike everyone else in the world, I have no interest in The Book of Mormon since it doesn't totally attack that ridiculous religion. I am opposed to seeing any Disney musical since they have juvenilized Broadway, and avoid shows I already saw decades ago like Les Miserables which I loved, and Phantom of the Opera, which I didn't. I was told, however, by several people that An American in Paris was absolutely wonderful, brilliantly staged, superbly danced, and overall breathtaking. Still, as I said at the beginning, with the prices they're asking for tickets these days I could practically be an American in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment