Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A sad and inaccurate reminder.

I have always loved Elizabeth Pena. To me she was a wonderful actress whose every performance stood out as true whether it was in a movie or television series. Yet I wasn't the least bit sad today when I read that she had died in Hollywood at age 55. I was however surprised because she had, in fact, died on October 14, 2014. I can't imagine how this CNN report made it into the news today, notably HuffPost, especially since all of the expressions of grief were dated in October. Wasn't that clue enough?  It has been in HuffPost since early this morning, has not been removed, and I have not read a single retraction. What makes it especially sad is that 7 months later they are rehashing Ms. Pena's cause of death, which seems to have been alcoholism. Ms. Pena who has been in such movies as Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Jacob's Ladder, Lone Star, La Bamba and Rush Hour has also played the mother of  Sofia Vergara's on Modern Family. I wonder if there will be an explanation for such a sad error.

Note: It is now the second day this death notice has been running. Why? I wrote the HuffPost a correction note, but couldn't send it because I cannot read their captchas (sp?) one of the stupidest devices ever created. Surely Elizabeth's family must be aware of this cock-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment